2018-2022 Paving Plan
2018 Paving Plan UpdatesThis City of Morgantown has completed the paving list for 2018. Below is a list of the streets that were paved this year.
2018 Paving List
- Arch Street from Kingwood to Overdale
- Campus Drive from University to Beechurst
- Chestnut Street from Foundry to Pleasant
- Dug Hill Road from Listravia to city limits
- East Parkway from Mississippi to Hite
- Forest Avenue from Dallas to end
- Grand Street from Wilson to Cobun
- Grand Street from Grandview to Ross
- Killarney Drive from Collins Ferry to VanVoorhis
- Laurel Street from University to Patteson
- Richwood Avenue from Willey to Charles
- Ross Street from Grand to Dorsey
- University Avenue from Patteson to Grand Central Station
- University Avenue from Overhill to Campus
- West Virginia Avenue from Leonard to Dead End
- Willowdale Road from Stewart to McCullough
Street ResurfacingThe Engineering Department resurfaces several miles of Morgantown streets each year. Resurfacing is scheduled five years in advance through a carefully organized selection process. The plan is revisited every three years and adjusted as needed.
List of Streets Included in the 2018-2022 Paving Plan (PDF)
Map of Streets Included in the 2018-2022 Paving Plan (PDF)
The Selection Process
The selection process involves input from several different sources. Citizen input, City staff recommendations, as well as an evaluation / rating system maintained by the Engineering Department. All of these contribute to the selection of streets to be resurfaced in the multi-year paving plan.
The Evaluation / Rating System
The City of Morgantown works with an outside contractor, Dynatest, which specializes in roadway pavement distress surveys and analysis. Using a mix of personnel and cutting-edge technology, Dynatest develops a detailed evaluation and rating system of the city streets. Specialized vehicles provide high-resolution imagery of the pavement and test the roads for roughness and rutting. This work allows the City of Morgantown Engineering Department to develop a more detailed, efficient, and cost effective multi-year resurfacing plan.
Streets that require paving but cannot be added to the current year's list due to budget constraints get priority on the next year's list. If you wish to make a recommendation for a street to be placed on the list, please contact the Engineering Department at 304-284-7412.
The Public Works Department repairs potholes, seals pavement cracks, and patches street failures throughout Morgantown. Repairs are prioritized and completed as soon as practical. To report a pothole or other street repair need, please visit the Citizen Request Tracker.
Map of City Streets
The map below shows which streets the City of Morgantown is responsible for maintaining. Click the icon on the top left of the map to view the legend.