An employee with the Morgantown Municipal Court has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now under self-isolation for 14 days.
Due to the nature of their job duties, this employee did come into contact with members of the public that were at the Morgantown Municipal Court. Anyone that was in Morgantown Municipal Court on July 14 or July 16 is asked to self-monitor for symptoms and contact their health care provider for additional guidance. If symptoms develop you should work with your healthcare provider to get tested. The Morgantown Municipal Court staff is attempting to contact members of the public that were known to be at court on those days.
Morgantown Municipal Court proceedings are cancelled for the week of July 27 and the week of Aug. 3 and Municipal Court offices are closed beginning Friday, July 24 until August 3.
The city is working with the Monongalia County Health Department for guidance and to conduct contact tracing. City administration has reached out to employees that are known to have come into close contact with the individual and is instructing them to contact their health care provider and to self-isolate for 14 days.
The City of Morgantown is taking the following actions to help mitigate the spread of the virus:
- The individual that tested positive is isolated.
- Municipal Court is closed the week of July 27 and the week of Aug. 3.
- Coordinating with the MCHD to conduct contact tracing.
- Contacting members of the public known to have come into close contact and instructing them to self-monitor and contact their healthcare provider.
- Employees known to have come into close contact have been instructed to self-isolate.
- The Morgantown Municipal Court has undergone a deep cleaning.