- Residents & Visitors
- Waste & Sustainability
Waste & Sustainability
The City of Morgantown utilizes Republic services for trash & recycling pickup. To schedule a pickup, check pickup schedules, sign up for service alerts, and more, visit Republic Service's website.
• Carts will be grey, have large handles and wheels, and will have an informational graphic on the lid.
• Carts are 95-gallons in size**
• Carts will be delivered beginning at approximately 7:00 a.m. according to service day by a third-party service who will assemble them and drop them on the curb or the end of driveways where it makes sense for each address.
• Grey trash cart should be used in place of any other personal trash container. Place the cart opening toward the road for collection.
• Cart delivery personnel will not be able to take your old can, or answer service-related questions. If you would like your old cart disposed of with your other trash, please put it at the curb on your collection day with a note asking the driver to take it. Direct any concerns or questions to Republic Services using the information provided on the cart lid.
• Please allow until May 26, 2023 for delivery of your cart before reporting non-receipt. There could be some addresses that require special circumstances, that will be handled separately.
• Please begin using your cart the week of May 29, 2023.
• Your green cart will continue to be used for your unbagged single-stream recycling as normal.
• The QR code in the lid graphic will take you to a newly developed web site, which is a central point to get up-to-date information on your service, kids’ resources, ways to contact Republic Services, and more!
*Apartments will receive one cart per apartment in one place upon delivery. Some multi-unit structures may not receive carts due to space constraints. Please continue your current trash collection process.
**Some residents with door service or medical exemptions will be able to exchange their cart for a small cart. Those residents should call us for more information. Cart exchanges will begin once all resident carts have been delivered. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your exchange to be completed.
For in-depth guidelines on how to donate, recycle, and dispose of different items, visit the City of Morgantown's recycling guide.