FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 23, 2023
Morgantown Police Accepting Applicants for Upcoming Exam in June
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - The Morgantown Police Department is accepting applicants for the next upcoming Civil Service testing date, which has been set for June 17, 2023.
To qualify for the position of entry-level police officer, applicants must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Be a United States citizen for at least three years.
• Have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Establish and maintain a permanent physical residence within a one-hour driving time of the main station of the Morgantown Police Department, 300 Spruce Street, Morgantown, WV, and shall continue to maintain his/her permanent physical residence within the residency area for the entire period of his/her active employment with the Morgantown Police Department. This residency requirement must be achieved within 90 days of notification of permanent status.
• Complete a physical agility test, written police skills test, vision test, background investigation, polygraph examination, drug testing, medical and psychological examinations, and a personal interview.
Benefits of working for the Morgantown Police Department include:
• Parental leave
• Pension plan
• Life insurance
• Annual step program
• Premium pay for holidays
• Tuition reimbursement plan
• Down payment assistance plan
• Short and long-term disability
• Employee assistance program
• Ongoing opportunities for training
• Uniform and equipment provided
• Health, dental, and vision coverage
• Four weeks of paid time off in the first year of employment
The Police Civil Service Exam and physical agility test are held twice a year. Following the first set of tests in June, the next testing opportunity of the year is scheduled for October 28, 2023.
To submit an application for a position with the Morgantown Police Department, visit the City of Morgantown's website. An examination fee of $25 is due at the time of application, which can be paid online.
For more information about employment within the Morgantown Police Department, visit the MPD website.