FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 30, 2023
Ruby Summer Concert Series Kicks Off For The Second Year on June 2nd
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - Preparations have been underway by The City of Morgantown for the 2023 Ruby Summer Concert Series at Ruby Amphitheater in Hazel Ruby McQuain Park. The lineup has been finalized and the first concert is set to begin on Friday, June 2nd.
This year’s lineup features local, regional, and nationally touring artists:
- The Stranger- Billy Joel Tribute with opener Philadelphia Freedom June 2;
- Color Me Badd with opener The Heavy Hitter June 9;
- Love and Theft with opener Christian Lopez June 16;
- Debbie Gibson with opener Holly Forbes June 23;
- Oak Ridge Boys with opener The Davisson Brothers July 7;
- MANIA- The ABBA Tribute with opener Adrian and the Soul Miners July 14;
- Caleb Johnson with opener The Michael Weber Show July 21;
- Thunderstruck- AC/DC Tribute with opener The Jukebox Band July 28;
- Los Lobos with opener Del Castillo August 4;
- Home Free with opener Morgan White August 11;
- Sam Bush with opener Andrew Adkins August 18;
- Smashmouth with opener Motorcycle Drive-By August 25
There will be food and beverage vendors on-site within walking distance of the amphitheater. Public parking is available at Wharf Street Parking, Pleasant & Chestnut Street Parking, University Avenue & Chestnut Street, and Spruce Street Parking.
“We are thrilled to continue this great concert series and are pleased to be working with both old and new sponsors this year,” said Vincent Kitch, Director of the Arts and Cultural Development Department, “The artists are a great combination of genres that provide something for everyone to enjoy, and we are excited to see everyone again this year down by the river for the 2023 lineup.”
As a reminder, all concerts are free to attend with opening acts beginning at 6:30 p.m. and headliners taking the stage at 8:00 p.m. The August 25 performance will conclude with a small firework show.
The Ruby Summer Concert Series is presented by the City of Morgantown and the Hazel Ruby McQuain Trust with support from numerous sponsors.
Sponsors for the 2023 Ruby Summer Concert Series are Monongalia County Commission, WVRC Media, Visit Mountaineer Country, The West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture and History, Mon Health-Vandalia Health, Hotel Morgan, Active Air Productions, MPE Rentals, RMA Presents, Mountain State Justice, United Bank, Drusky Entertainment, March-Westin Company Inc. and T and L Hotdogs.
Sponsorships of events and programming are still available. Interested sponsors should contact Vincent Kitch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-284-7472.
Event listings, park information, and more can be found on the Ruby Amphitheater website at rubyampwv.com.