COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response
Republic Services has announced a change in its recycling and waste pickup services regarding COVID-19. Read more about the announcement here.
Morgantown Municipal Court has postponed all trials, hearings, and conferences through April 14. View the news release here. The Morgantown Parking Authority is offering free parking at all metered spaces, lots, and parking garages until the stay at home order is lifted by Gov. Jim Justice. View the news release here.
Gov. Jim Justice has issued a stay at home order which goes into effect on March 24 at 8 p.m. The order directs all West Virginia residents to stay at home and limit movements outside of their homes beyond essential needs. View the executive order here.
Morgantown City Council will hold its March 24 meeting via Zoom. There are various ways the public can participate. Learn more here.
Morgantown City Council has adopted an emergency ordinance regarding COVID-19. View the official statement and ordinance here. View an interview with Mayor Kawecki discussing the ordinance here or view a graphic which provides a brief explanation of the ordinance here.
City Buildings and Municipal Court closed due to COVID-19. Read more about the closures here.
Public Health Agency Resources
- Monongalia County Health Department
- West Virginia University Medicine
- WV Department of Health and Human Resources
- 24/7 toll-free hotline: 1-800-887-4304
Below you can find contact information for food pantries and other community resources.
- Food Pantries and Social Service Organizations
- Caritas House - 304-985-0021
- Empty Bowls Monongalia - 304-241-5510
- Pantry Plus More - 304-282-1123
- Milan Puskar Health Right - 304-292-8234
- Bartlett House - 304-292-0101
- Christian Help - 304-296-0221
- Financial, Domestic, Health, and Disaster Assistance
- Visit WV 211 or call 211, or text your zip code to 898-211
- General Information
- Child Nutrition
- Visit Mountaineer Country CVB
- The Visit Mountaineer Country CVB has created a website that includes information on local restaurants that are open and offering carry-out, child nutrition options from local restaurants, and entertainment ideas during self isolation. Check out the website here.
- The Morgantown Area Partnership has a business resource page which provides additional guidance and options for businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. View the webpage here.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved Disaster Loan Assistance to West Virginia businesses that are impacted by COVID-19. Read more here and apply here.
- The CDC has provided guidance for businesses and employers in response to COVID-19. View the webpage here.
- The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has provided information on preventing worker exposure and preparing workplaces for COVID-19. View the webpage here.
- The Laborors’ Health and Safety Fund of North America has provided recommendations on preventing construction worker exposure to COVID-19. Read more here.
City of Morgantown Response
COVID-19, aka Coronavirus, is something that the city administration is taking very seriously. In an effort to limit public interaction and large gatherings we have decided to cancel all non-essential board and commission meetings through the end of March and close city facilities.
City officials are currently working with the Monongalia County Health Department and other local and state organizations through the Joint Information Center (JIC) to ensure that our community is well informed and that we are doing everything we can to protect your health and safety. For more information about COVID-19 including prevention and additional resources, please visit the Monongalia County Health Department’s COVID-19 webpage.
Additionally, the State of West Virginia has created a COVID-19 website and hotline, which can provide the public with accurate information about the virus, the state’s response, and more. The hotline is operated by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and operators are available 24/7, toll-free at 1-800-887-4304.