The Selection Process
The selection process involves input from several different sources. Citizen input, City staff recommendations, as well as an evaluation / rating system maintained by the Engineering Department. All of these contribute to the selection of streets to be resurfaced in the multi-year paving plan.
The Evaluation / Rating System
The City of Morgantown works with an outside contractor, Dynatest, which specializes in roadway pavement distress surveys and analysis. Using a mix of personnel and cutting-edge technology, Dynatest develops a detailed evaluation and rating system of the city streets. Specialized vehicles provide high-resolution imagery of the pavement and test the roads for roughness and rutting. This work allows the City of Morgantown Engineering Department to develop a more detailed, efficient, and cost effective multi-year resurfacing plan.
Streets that require paving but cannot be added to the current year's list due to budget constraints get priority on the next year's list. If you wish to make a recommendation for a street to be placed on the list, please contact the Engineering Department at 304-284-7412.
- Dayton Avenue from Union to Richwood
- Eastern Avenue from Burroughs to Aspen
- Fenwick Street from Junior to Mansfield
- Greendale Street from Collins Ferry to Woodland
- Madigan Avenue from Barrickman to Mississippi
- Maple Avenue from Dormont to Buckhannon
- McLane Avenue from Eighth to Dead End
- Park Street from Cobun to Dead End
- Prairie Avenue from Wagner to Wilson
- Prospect Street from North High to University
- Prospect Street from Willey to Price
- South Hills Drive from Buckhannon to Vandalia
- White Avenue from Decker to Vandalia
- Wilson Avenue from Jefferson to Jefferson
- Woodland Drive from Eastern to Valley
- Oakland Street from University to Riverview (alternate)
Paving Plan Map
The map below shows which city streets are scheduled for paving and which were paved in previous years. Click the icon on the top left of the map to show the legend and then check the corresponding paving year you wish to view.
Map of City Streets
The map below shows which streets the City of Morgantown is responsible for maintaining. Click the icon on the top left of the map to view the legend.