- Residents & Visitors
- New Residents
Getting StartedThe City of Morgantown has many ways to communicate with its residents, but for someone who is new to getting involved in municipal government, here are a few notes to get you started.
Social Media AccountsOnline and social media accounts are managed from City Hall, but do represent both the Council and the Administration. They are a pair of separate bodies. The City of Morgantown Twitter and Facebook Accounts are always ways to ask questions and get quick info.
- It's worth mentioning Morgantown's Council is voted in, but any resident can be a board or commission member! View openings on our volunteer page.
- Read this information from the City Clerk about Your First City Council Meeting.
- Morgantown City Council doesn't have offices at City Hall, but you can always call and schedule an appointment to talk to an Administrative staff member.
- You can always have your voice heard. Probably the best way is to contact your city councilor.
- If you want to petition a City Council action, please read these guidelines to ensure that your efforts are not in vain.
- You can report any concerns about the city here.
- You are always welcome at the City's neighborhood association meetings. View the meeting calendar.
- Or find your Morgantown neighborhood associations out of a list.
- The Communication Department page is a comprehensive look at how to get up to date and accurate information from the City.
- One easy was to stay informed is to sign up for the Morgantown Messenger, our enewsletter, sent monthly.
- Do you just have a question? Check our FAQ and Assistance Memos.