This REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) represents a publicly advertised and competitively awarded solicitation by the City of Morgantown, West Virginia (“City”) for a provider to provide catering services furnishing nonintoxicating beer and wine to patrons at the 2023 Ruby Summer Concert Series, held at the Ruby Amphitheater, Hazel Ruby McQuain Riverfront Park, 185 Garret Street, Morgantown, WV 26501. City is seeking and will select a proposal that best demonstrates the ability to provide a variety of alcoholic beverages to patrons in a safe and legal manner while maximizing support of concert events and paying reasonable fees to City. City reserves the right to approve or disapprove any proposed business activity, for any reason, including, but not limited to, safety and liability concerns and logistical issues.
See attached bid packet for submittal information and other information.
|3/23/2023 12:00 AM
|4/13/2023 11:59 PM
|Only complete proposals will be considered.
|Proposals should be submitted by email to Vincent Kitch, Director of Arts & Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to, or in person at, 430 Spruce Street, Morgantown, WV 26505.
|Proposals should include all information necessary to evaluate the services to be provided. Each provider
must meet certain minimum requirements, as follows:
• Current private club license issued by WVABCA and ability to obtain caterer license for 15
designated events in 2023
• Facilities for mobile vending of alcohol, such as one or more food truck or trailer
• Sufficient staff (employees or independent contractors) with TIPS training to serve patrons at all
Additional information that may be helpful in creating the proposals:
Event dates/times are as follows:
- June 2 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- June 9 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- June 16 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- June 23 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- July 1 Independence Day Celebration 6:00-10:00 PM
- July 7 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- July 14 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- July 21 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- July 28 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- Aug 4 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- Aug 11 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- Aug 18 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- Aug 25 Ruby Summer Concert Series 6:00-10:00 PM
- 2 other events Date and Times TBD
Venue capacity is:5,000
Estimated average attendance:2,500
Estimated maximum attendance:45,000 (season total), 6,000 (single event)
|Selected organization(s) will be required to obtain public liability insurance of the types and
the amounts set forth below from an underwriter licensed to do business in the State of
The insurance shall be the following types in the amounts not less than indicated:
1. Comprehensive General (Public) Liability or its equivalent, including $500,000 each person,
$1,000,000 each occurrence, and property damage $250,000 per occurrence of $1,000,000
combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage. Policies of insurance must
provide coverage for any and all claims arising out of actions of intoxicated persons who
consumed alcohol at the Event, whether as part of the general policy language, through a policy
endorsement, or by purchase of separate coverage. Coverage for such claims must be
demonstrated to satisfaction of the City.
2. On all insurance required, selected organization shall be required to name City and their agents,
officers and employees as additional insured and provide City with a certificate of insurance
|The organization selected by City to provide the services of alcohol vendor will be required to enter into an agreement with City prior to offering their services. The term of the agreement for the organization selected to be the alcohol vendor will be expected to cover the Spring/Summer/Fall 2023 season, with option to
extend for an additional term or terms up to 4 years. The organization will be required to maintain all equipment and purchase any required replacement equipment. Any selection is dependent on final agreement upon contract terms approved by the City. City reserves the right to reject any and all
submission, decline to award a contract, waive minor deficiencies or irregularities, negotiate and/or issue new or additional requests for proposals.
Section VII. Selection of Proposal
The submission deadline is April 13, 2023. Contract award may be made at any date after the submission deadline.
Acceptance of any proposal will be subject to execution of a contract between City and the entity submitting the proposal. City staff will review all proposals submitted by the deadline prior to selecting a proposal.
Any successful bidder shall be responsible for obtaining any and all permits required to conduct business in the City of Morgantown, provide the services covered by this RFP, and shall provide proof of insurance with coverage acceptable to City.