FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
City of Morgantown Seeks Artists for Woodburn Community Complex Mural Project
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - The City of Morgantown is seeking a professional artist or a professional artist’s team to create a public artwork mural in the Woodburn neighborhood.
The mural will be located on an exterior brick wall of the Woodburn Community Complex. The inclusion of this mural aligns with the city’s strategic goal of supporting arts and culture, while assisting in the revitalization of the Woodburn neighborhood.
The budget for the commissioned project, which will be dedicated in summer 2022, is $10,000, all-inclusive. Interested artists should submit the following required materials:
- Samples of Work - Six digital images (jpeg format preferred)
- Caption sheet identifying each image by title of artwork, medium, dimensions, dates, price (if applicable) and location. Image file names must correspond to the caption sheet
- Resume or CV
- Three references (including full names, titles, affiliations, and contact information)
- Letter of interest (1-3 pages). Preference will be given to an expanded artist statement relating to this specific project
- Statement on community engagement
Applicants have the option of submitting preliminary design ideas or concepts and up to three selections of representative printed materials along with their required materials. Applicants must submit their materials by Feb. 25 via email, Google Docs, or Dropbox to email@example.com
. For more information click here