For the regular meeting on September 7, 2021 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers.
View the Meeting Packet
Morgantown City Council Regular Meeting Highlights:
- REVIEWING AN EASEMENT FOR MON POWER TO INSTALL AN UNDERGROUND UTILITY LINE
At the recommendation of the City Manager, this ordinance
would grant a temporary easement to Mon Power to install an underground utility line along a portion of Fayette Street and the accompanying alleyway.Second Reading.
- APPROVING A CABLE FRANCHISE AGREEMENT WITH ATLANTIC BROADBAND
would grant a cable franchise agreement between the City of Morgantown and Atlantic Broadband (Penn), LLC. The agreement would authorize Atlantic Broadband to provide cable television service within city limits.
- PROMOTING SAFE LIVING BY PROVIDING FOR REGULAR REGISTRATION AND INSPECTION OF RENTAL UNITS
would would amend Article 1751 of the city's Housing Code by clarifying when and how rental inspections are conducted. This amendment would incorporate changes made to the State Fire Code and Building Codes.
- REDUCING ROADWAY CRASHES, INJURIES, AND FATALITIES IN THE CITY
would authorize the Morgantown Police Department to accept $73,000 in grant funds from the Governor's Highway Safety Program for enforcement and education of traffic violations. These activities will include red light enforcement patrols, speed and aggressive driving enforcement patrols, school bus/zone safety enforcement, seat belt enforcement patrols and checkpoints, impaired driving patrols and checkpoints, underage consumption/sales, distracted driving enforcement patrols.
- PROVIDING SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS TO THE MONONGALIA COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
would provide two school resource officers and two prevention resource officers to the Monongalia County Board of Education. One school resource officer will be at Morgantown High School and another at South Middle School. One prevention resource officer will be at Mountaineer Middle School and another at Suncrest Middle School.
- REVIEWING 2022 CITY COUNCIL MEETING DATES AND TRICK-OR-TREAT TIMES IN THE CITY
City Council will consider approving the 2022 City Council meeting calendar
. They will also consider approving the official trick-or-treat time in city limits to Sunday, October 31 from 6-8 p.m.
- REVIEWING A VACANT STRUCTURE EXEMPTION REQUEST FOR 301 EAST BROCKWAY AVENUE
City Council will consider a Vacant Structure Exemption Request
from the property owner of 301 East Brockway Avenue. If approved, this process would exempt the property owner from registering the property as a vacant structure.
- ACCEPTING AIRPORT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FUNDS
would authorize the city to accept $2,748,187 in Airport Improvement Program funds from the Federal Aviation Administration. These funds would be used for the Runway Extension Project currently underway at the Morgantown Municipal Airport.
- AUTHORIZING THE PURCHASE OF SCBA EQUIPMENT FOR THE FIRE DEPARTMENT
would authorize the Morgantown Fire Department to purchase a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Filling Station which will be located at the South High Street Fire Station in the amount of $50,320.61. The funds for this project were included in the 2021-2022 Annual Budget.
- REVIEWING A SETTLEMENT AND RELEASE AGREEMENT