FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Work on City Paving Plan Set to Begin July 8
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - Approximately 4.3 miles of city streets are set to be repaved through the city's 2021 Paving Plan, set to begin on July 8.
Also included in this year's plan is the installation of approximately 63 curb ramps in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Construction of ADA ramps will begin July 8 with repaving set to begin on August 2. Work is scheduled for completion on Sept. 2, weather permitting.
The following city streets are included in the 2021 Paving Plan:
- Cobun Avenue from Edgewood to Kingwood
- Dayton Avenue from Union to Richwood
- Eastern Avenue from Burroughs to Morgan
- Fenwick Street from Junior to Mansfield
- Greendale Street from Collins Ferry to Woodland
- Madigan Avenue from Barrickman to Mississippi
- Maple Avenue from Dormont to Buckhannon
- McLane Avenue from Campus to Eighth
- Oakland Street from University to Riverview
- Park Street from Cobun to Dead End
- Prairie Avenue from South High to Wilson
- Prospect Street from University to Willey
- South Hills Drive from Buckhannon to Vandalia
- White Avenue from Decker to Vandalia
- Wilson Avenue from Jefferson to Jefferson
- Woodland Drive from Eastern to Valley
A $854,162 bid from Anderson Excavating, LLC was approved by City Council in June to complete the repaving of 16 city streets. Funding for the 2021 Paving Plan and other public right-of-way improvements come from the Municipal Service Fee.
For more information on the 2021 Paving Plan, visit the Paving Plan webpage.