- How Do I...
- Apply For
- City Permit
A special event permit is required for renting the Morgantown Marketplace Pavilion, hosting block parties or other social gatherings and parties, or using the right-of-way for parades, fairs, festivals, demonstrations, and other events as needed. A waiver of the City’s noise code is required for any events with amplified sound as part of their planned activities. The applicant must be the contact person or event organizer for the event submitted. Completed applications may be submitted in person to the Morgantown Police Department at the address above or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is strongly recommended applicants contact special event staff (304-284-7522) to check on date availability prior to submitting a permit application. Application must be submitted at least 15 days prior to the event or it will be rejected.
Please complete the following form for installation of a small wireless facilitiy in the City of Morgantown. Please be sure to include the following information.
- Description of facilities proposed (attach construction and engineering drawings – include dimensions of all facilities and distances to other right-of-way facilities including poles, curbs, fire hydrants, benches, intersections, and other features):
- Location of facilities (include address, nearest street intersection, and GPS coordinates):
- Attestation that the small wireless facilities will be operational for use by a wireless provider within one year after the permit issuance date, unless the authority and the applicant agree to extend this period or delay is caused by lack of commercial power or communications transport facilities to the site
- Identify each piece of traffic control equipment within a 150-yard radius of the proposed location(s) of the facilities.
- Submit a diagram, including distances, showing the sight lines or clear zones required for transportation or pedestrians in accordance with state and local law for the area where facilities are proposed.
- Identify the dimensions of any sidewalk or pedestrian path or other pedestrian access in the area where facilities are proposed, and include a statement regarding the applicant’s review of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as it relates to the pedestrian access point(s) following placement of the proposed facilities.
- Attest that the facilities will comply with all relevant Federal Communications Commission regulations concerning (1) Radiofrequency emissions from radio transmitters; and (2) Unacceptable interference with the public safety spectrum and CII spectrum, including compliance with the abatement and resolution procedures for interference with the public safety spectrum and CII spectrum established by the FCC set forth in 47 C.F.R. 22.970 through 47 C.F.R. 22.973 and 47 C.F.R. 90.672 through 47 C.F.R. 90.675
Please complete this form if you have work to perform, or require a closure of, a City of Morgantown sidewalk or roadway. Application must be submitted more than 48 hours prior to the proposed road closure. Failure to do so may result in a stop work order being issued and/or fines assessed. Applicant may need the following, at the discretion of the City of Morgantown Engineering and Public Works Department:
- Applicant is responsible for all related personal and/or property damages.
- Applicant must contact the Engineering and Public Works Department to arrange an inspection before pouring sidewalks in Right-of-Way.
- Applicant will perform work described above in accordance with the City of Morgantown’s Engineered Specifications for work within the Public Right-of-Way.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to notify necessary utility companies and M.E.C.C.A, non-emergency 911 center, (304-599-6382) when street closure is necessary.
- Applicant must maintain vehicle and/or pedestrian passage through use of cones, barricades, signage, detours and/or flaggers according to MUTCD standards.
- Applicant must coordinate work within or use of any metered parking spaces with the Morgantown Parking Authority. (304-284-7438)
- Applicant must secure all necessary permits (e.g. building, grading) before work.
- No construction materials (stone, sand, bricks, etc.) are to be stored on the street/sidewalk.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Miss Utility prior to digging. (800-245-4848 or from a WV line dial 811)
Please complete a form to appeal for a waiver from the order to construct sidewalks along property fronting a public right-of-way. This applies only to residential use properties. All commercial use properties cannot be waived from this order and must comply with City of Morgantown sidewalk requirements.