Procedures for Meeting
Procedures for a Regular Council Meeting
- The Council will take action on those items listed on the agenda.
- The Mayor is the Chairperson for the meeting. The Deputy Mayor of the Council assumes the chair in the absence of the Mayor.
- Public Hearings for Ordinances: Statements shall be addressed to the Council as a body and not to any individual member thereof. No person, other than the chair and the person having the floor shall be permitted to enter into any discussion, without recognition by the chair.
- Public Portion: The public portion shall be limited to Thirty minutes. Four minutes will be allowed for individual presentations and five minutes for testimony on behalf of a group. Council can not address questions at this time, but may respond during the Council Report.
- Addressing the Council: Upon recognition by the Mayor, the person shall proceed to the floor and give his/her name and address in an audible tone of voice for the records. Subject matter may include any issue that is pertinent to the speaker.
- Personal and Slanderous Remarks: Any person making personal, impertinent or slanderous remarks, or who shall become boisterous, while addressing the Council, shall be forthwith, by the presiding officer, be barred from further audience for that meeting, unless permission to continue be granted by a majority of the Council.