Urban Landscape Commission
- 4:30 p.m.
- 4th Wednesday of every month
- Public Safety Building
300 Spruce St.
Morgantown, WV 26505
||July 1, 2015
|Barry Wendell||Council Representative
||June 30, 2019
||July 1, 2017
||Plant Health||July 1, 2016
||City Admin / Ex-Officio
||Plant Expert||July 1, 2017
Promote an aesthetically attractive environment in the public and private sectors of the City of Morgantown.
- Recommend and advocate aesthetic standards for public and private sector development
- Serve as a resource to municipal organizations and entities to promote consistent design and maintenance standards
- Maintain a plan for municipal urban landscape
- Recommend and review projects throughout the city that involve landscaping and related aesthetic issues
- Promote a healthy urban forest through the Morgantown Tree Board
- Advocate urban landscape education initiatives via the local media and special events
- Make recommendations and report activities to the City Council annually or as needed.
The Urban Landscape Commission works cooperatively with the Tree Board. City-wide tree issues include inventory, hazardous trees, and new planting initiatives. The Tree Board has been successful in obtaining grant funds from the West Virginia Division of Forestry for the tree inventory, planting, and replacements.