- Development Services
ResponsibilitiesThe Development Services Department is responsible for assisting clients through the development process as well as administering the City's federal Community Development Block Grant (C.D.B.G.) program.
The development process includes:
- Granting approvals to develop land and occupy buildings within the City of Morgantown
Support to Boards & Commissions
The Department also provides administrative and technical support to boards and commissions that direct and review issues on land development and land use. These boards include the:
- Bike Board
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- City Council
- Downtown Design Review Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Planning Commission
In addition to protecting public health, safety, and welfare through the administration of land development and land use, the Department seeks to provide an efficient and effective development review process supporting desired growth and economic and community development.
The Development Services Department encompasses the following service areas for the City.
- Planning Services
- Neighborhood Zoning Notices
- Planning Commission Agendas, Staff Reports, and Minutes
- Board of Zoning Appeals Agendas, Staff Reports, and Minutes
- Community Development